Jana Platina Phipps, founder of Home Couture Collective, aka the Trim Queen, is a trimmings expert and visionary for the use of embellishment in home decor, fashion, and DIY. She customizes textile programs for the home industry and consults for manufacturers, using her skills at connecting and collaborating to activate business growth. As the Trim Queen, she chronicles how she and the design community use trimmings as a powerful tool. “Embellishment is a creative form of self-expression,” Jana believes. She teaches Trim Alchemy, the concept of turning the ordinary into the extraordinary using trim, via seminars, hands-on workshops, and on her social media channels.
Jana is an influencer, educator, and mentor and recently started teaching “Instagram Agility” to help brands and creatives leverage their social media for engagement. She leads industry design tours during High Point Market and in New York City, and in 2019 launched Maker Tourism, an annual artisan-focused tour in Venice, Italy.
With her knowledge of the history of passementerie and experience with fabrication, she lectures at The New York School of Interior Design and conducts Continuing Education Seminars for the interior design community. She is a regular contributor to WF Vision Magazine and has been featured in many magazines and blogs for her work in design and as an entrepreneur and influencer. Some of her accolades include:
- International Textile Alliance Board of Directors
- Advisory Board Design Influencers Conference
- Window Coverings Association WCAA 2020 Influencer
- Advisory Board Museum of New Mexico Design Summit
- Finalist DesignHounds Influencer Awards
- Top Window Fashion Influencer iWCE
- Heimtextil Correspondent 2019
- High Point Market Insider’s Tour Guide 2018 – 2020
- High Point Market Design Bloggers Tour Spring & Fall 2017
- 2016 ITA Outstanding Trimmings Representative of the Year
- Co-chair WithIt New York Design Tour
- WithIt Future Leader Award
- Former WithIt NE Regional VP
- UU Congregation of the Hudson Valley Arts Committee
Jana resides in the Hudson River Valley, north of Manhattan, with her husband, writer Lang Phipps, and two children, Wilton and Giovanna, in an old Bavarian-style home called The Gingerbread House that is in need of TLC and more trimmings.